Performance Requirements for Push-Fit Fittings
ANSI Approved: July 2020
The purpose of this standard is to establish minimum performance requirements for push-fit fittings and push-fit connections that are integrated into plumbing devices. The fittings described in this standard are intended for use in hot and cold potable water distribution and hydronic heating systems in residential and commercial applications.
This standard applies to push-fit fittings that can be used with one or more of the following materials:
1) PEX tubing complying with ASTM F876 or CSA B137.5.
2) Copper tubing, hard drawn Type K, L and M and annealed Type M not to exceed 3/8 nominal, complying with ASTM B 88.
3) CPVC tubing complying with ASTM D2846 or CSA B137.6.
4) PE-RT tubing complying with ASTM F2769 or CSA B137.18.
5) PP-R/PP-RCT tubing complying with ASTM F2389 or CSA B137.11.
6) CPVC-AL-CPVC complying with ASTM F2855.
7) Transition push-fit fittings intended for installation on PB tubing
A downloadable version of this standard is also available.